The Fantail has many different Māori names. As well as tīwaiwaka, it is commonly called pīwakawaka, tīwakawaka or tīrairaka. In one tradition, it was the Fantail that caused Māui’s death, so it is a harbinger of death when seen inside in a house. A fidgety person is described as a Fantail’s tail, because of the bird’s restless movements.
- Dimensions (approx.): L/ 16cm W/ 11cm D/ 6cm
- We have two styles of Fantail - Fantail and Fantail (wings down).
- Available in a variety of colours, please note that the colour variants displayed may be of different bird species.
- Cast glass with set screw fitting. Can be mounted on any type of wall. Check out our installation instructions.
- Design service, ask us for composition ideas using multiple birds and a full colour chart.
Stock availability may vary as all of our products are made-to-order. The estimated production time for our birds is 2-3 weeks. Read about our order processing here.