The red admiral (kahukura) is unique to New Zealand and found nowhere else in the world. Its Māori name, kahukura, means “red cloak” or “red garment”, which likely refers to the striking red patches on its wings.
- Dimensions (approx.): L/ 16cm (including antennae) W/ 15cm D/ 1cm
- Two sizes of Butterfly - Red Admiral (small) and Monarch (large)
- Available in a variety of colours, please note that the colour variants displayed are of our bird species. Read our colour disclaimer here.
- Cast glass with wire antennae wall fitting. Can be mounted on any type of wall. Check out our installation instructions.
- Design service, ask us for composition ideas using multiple butterflies and a full colour chart.
Stock availability may vary as all of our products are made-to-order. The estimated production time for our butterflies is 2-3 weeks. Read about our order processing here.